A condominium condition assesment is a comprehensive investigation of the building structure, operating systems and the site. We inspect service areas, common areas, and the entire property to its limits.
CONDO ASSESSMENT SERVICES
- Structure—concrete, steel and wood components
- Building envelope—roof and sidewalls including windows and doors
- Plumbing system and fixtures
- Fire suppression and life safety systems
- Accessibility issues
- Interior finishes—floors, walls and ceilings
- Landscaping including walks, drives, parking areas and planted areas
- Storm water drainage
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Electrical system and components
Pest inspection services for apartment complexes, homeowners associations, office buildings, homes, and more. Identifying your home or building risk can protect your investment from further loss.
PEST INSPECTION SERVICES
- Wood Destroying Organism (Termites, Carpenter Ants and more)
- Wildlife (Bird, Bat, Raccoons and more)
WATER INTRUSION INSPECTIONS
Clarus will identify water intrusions and moisture in cavities due to wind, rain, floods, pipe leaks, roof leaks, and foundation cracks. Any structure can suffer from water damage and rotted wood. Even undiscovered leaks can cause damage to support structures that can cost thousands of dollars to repair. Catch it before is creates further damage.
Infrared Thermography is a non-invasive technology that uses infrared cameras to "see" into the walls of your home or office for damage-free moisture detection. Moisture in building materials retains heat at a different rate than dry materials, so water-related wall, roof, floor, ceiling, or carpet damage will emit a different amount of infrared light than dry materials will, making it detectable. A thermographic scan will quickly discover temperature variations from retained moisture in building materials such as drywall, wood, stucco and sheetrock. This requires not only the equipment but the skill to read the scans properly.
Clarus possesses both.
Another test for moisture involves using a penetrating probe meter to test for moisture within the walls, floors or ceilings. To do this, small holes-about 3/16 of an inch-must be drilled into the building material. The holes are small and undetectable.
Clarus can help you keep your building project on track and on budget. Translating your vision into a physical reality can be time
consuming and frustrating without the right skills or experience. Clarus can help.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Supervision of entire project
- Requesting and/or reviewing Bidding / Estimating/ Proposals
- Change order management
- Code compliance
- Insuring efficient practices
- Infrared imaging
HYDRONIC AND RADIANT HEAT INSPECTIONS
Infrared Thermography Thermography is a non-invasive technology that uses infrared cameras to "see" into your hydronic heating system. A thermographic scan will quickly discover temperature variations from retained moisture in building materials. This requires not only the correct equipment but the skill to read the scans properly. Clarus possesses both.
ENERGY AUDITS FOR NEW OR EXISTING CONSTRUCTION
Clarus Building Inspections, provides professional home, commercial and energy efficiency inspections throughout the greater Northwest Washington area.
HOME ENERGY AUDIT SERVICES
- Pressurizing/depressurizing tests to locate air leaks in the house and ductwork
- Thermal imagery to identify areas of missing or wet insulation
- Assessing ventilation rates
- Evaluating condition and efficiency of heating/cooling and water heating systems
- Evaluating windows, doors, lighting and appliances
- Assessment of other critical components of the home to increase energy efficiency, comfort, health and safety
SPECIALIZED EQUIPMENT & TOOLS
- Calibrated blower door
- Duct Blaster®
- Infrared camera
- Exhaust flow meter
- Carbon monoxide (CO) tester
- Detailed description of findings, with emphasis on areas of homeowner concerns
- Digital photos and thermal imagery
- Recommendations for "targeted improvements" to maximize comfort, energy efficiency, health and safety
- Washington State Home Inspector (License No. 604)
- Washington State Structural Pest Inspector (License No. 69609)
- Certified ASHI Home Inspector (Member No. 244540)
- Certified Building Performance Analyst w/ Building Envelope Endorsement
- Building Performance Institute (Member No. 5023180)
- Carson Dunlop Commercial Property Inspection Course
- Certified Level 1 Thermographer—Specializing in Residential & Commercial Infrared Inspections
- Forensic inspections and expert legal testimonies
- Member Building Industry Association of Washington
- Member of Bellingham Central Lions Club & Charity Foundation